Welcome to ESPE 2017/18
Hello from the ES Physical Education team. We are very excited to be joining CAC and look forward to a year of sport with all the children in the elementary school.
Our Physical Education program at CAC is a standards based program, covering a wide range of sports. We follow the school's mission to learn, explore and have fun within every PE unit. The goal of the department is to provide opportunities for every child to take part in sport, to a level of competition that challenges them. Within each unit pupils will work to develop their agility, balance and coordination, as well as challenging them to create movement patterns and dances, demonstrate tactical awareness in game situations and gain a good understanding of health and healthy living.
All students in Kindergarten - Grade 5 (K-5) have PE twice a week, either in the pool, the gym or out on the field/court. They will have 1 x 60 minute class and 1 x 30 minute class each week.
Our first units for K-5 students are Swimming for the 1 hour class and Gross Motor Skills (in the ES Hall) for the 30 minute class. These units run from August 16th until September 21st 2017.
NB: This year we will start swimming from Day 1.
Days you have PE
Swimming (60 min)
PE lesson (30 min)
1C 2R 3H 5J
KGB KGC 1M 5O
1S 3C 4D 5G
3W 4F 4M
KGB KGC 4M
2K 2S 3D 5G 5K
2K 3W 4F 5K
KGS 1S 3H
KGS 1M 2S 3D 5O
1C 2R 3C 4D
PE uniform - Swimming
For swimming each child should have, in a separate swim bag:
- An appropriate swimsuit (no string bikinis),
- OWN pair of properly fitted goggled (not shared with siblings)
- Suitably sized towel
- Long hair tied back off the face or a swim cap (girls and boys)
- No jewelry, including rubber and string bands and watches
- Easy to take on and off clothes and shoes (crocs are ideal)
PE uniform - All lessons other than swimming
Pupils arrive to school wearing the following uniform. If you are new to the school any appropriate sporting attire will be acceptable, until you are able to purchase the PE uniform from the school store.
CAC Elementary PE uniforms (sold at the School Store) consist of :
- monogrammed t-shirt or long sleeve shirt,
- monogrammed navy blue/black shorts or long pants,
- monogrammed sweatshirt (in cold weather),
- athletic shoes and socks,
- students may also wear their House or Kids’ Day shirts to PE.
All jewelry, including rubber and string bands or watches MUST be removed for all Swimming and PE classes (small stud earrings are okay). It is best that these items not be worn on PE days, to protect them from being lost or forgotten.
Sickness, injury or absence
- If your child needs to be excused from PE for any reason please send a note directly to his/her PE teacher or email them prior to 7:30am the day they are to be excused.
- A parent note is acceptable only for the first day of illness. Children who arrive without a note will participate in the lesson, whether in the pool, gym, or otherwise.
- Parent notes cannot be accepted for 2 consecutive PE days of illness. If a child needs to be excused for more than one day, a doctor's note written in English (not a prescription) is required with the reason and dates to be excused.
We hope you have a great year and please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions!
Mr. Phil Greene - email@example.com
Mr. Mark Mayfield - firstname.lastname@example.org
ES PE Department